Thursday, October 23, 2008

No Bus please....

I can never forget that day in my life. After that situation happened I was so scared to travel in bus and rather aisle [non-window] seat. This happened sometime around the last quarter of 2003 when I was in Bangalore.

Though I was not so punctual of myself and in my habits, but i always have a habit of booking my travel ticket. I hate the last minute tensions. On that day I was forced to travel to Chennai to collect some missing certificates which i need to post to an University in Netherlands very urgently. As it been a weekend, all the buses were fully crowded and I also missed the Lalbag train. But somehow I could able to manage to get a ticket to Chennai...where my fate started running bad which i could not notice. Also I did purchase my bad fate with double the rate of actual ticket.

I had my quick supper in Kamat@Kempe Gowda Bus Station and started waiting for the bus. A middle aged person was sitting "just beside" me in waiting room started introducing his as a Marketing Manager in some company. I quickly understood that the person is a mind freaker type and escaped from there with a silly reason, but It happened so that the person was next to my seat in the bus.

Me: F**k, how can i travel with this freak all the way to Madras
i love to call it as it is...instead of Chennai
Me: Let me check if can change the place in the bus, and asked the conductor about swapping seats.
Conductor: Sirjee, do you really know that you're the luckiest person to get at least a ticket in bus and now you want to change the seat.

Conductor: No way Sirjee, no way.
Me: Who can the change the fate for which I need to struggle the whole night? So decided to go ahead as no way now to change the seat.

The bus has started sometime around 11 pm and I quickly went to sleep. The person next to me tried to wake me upon, but i was slept so deeply and did not respond to him. I had some good dreams in the sleep, so i had good sleep till...... Not sure abt the exact time but it was around 3 am I heard someone yelling in the bus which I think ignored in my subconscious sleep for the first time. The voice pitch has been increased; I just opened my eyes and tried to analyze what’s happening. But after a while that voice started disturbing my sleep continuously which got me into my conscious sleep, that is when I had to open my eyes. I just opened my eyes and tried to analyze what’s happening. I couldn’t understand who is shouting at whom as I cannot see without my glasses. I wore my glasses and then i came to know that it was a girl about 21 yrs in the parallel row back to our seat and she was yelling at
ME.

I could not understand what her problem was.
Me: Ma'am what is your problem, why are you yelling at me.
Immediately she started off saying Idiot, Stupid etc etc
She : Dont you know what you have done ?Thats it.
I couldnt hold my temper listening to her going on and on and finally had to break out...........
Me: - Stop you...why the hell are you shouting at me, speak out wat u hav to say, I cant read your mind?. What is your problem?

This discussion went on for 10 minutes and I never got to know wat her problem was? and a passenger in the adjacent seat interfered to say please calm down as you are disturbing the other passengers.


I was not able to sleep after that argument. Thinking what could have happened, why was She yelling on me? What could have i done to her ? Did some one else misbehaved in night and is she thinking that me ? I had 100+1 questions in my mind.

The clock ticked 5 am and bus just reached the Chennai outskirts, I decided not to get down at my place and want to talk to her wherever she gets down. I skipped my stop, she got down at Koyambedu and I did so get down. I tried to talk to her but I could not as her parents arrived to station to pick her up, so I missed to talk to her. It was my unanswered question till date –

Why did the girl yell at me?

Keep Smiling....




No Bus please....SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

its definitely not me.....and im not sure y she yelled at you.....